about a month and half ago i had a horrible yeast infection. during that time my discharge was very thick and had little white specks in it. after being treated with three doses of diflucan, i'm still experiencing thick discharge, but there are no clumps or specks in it. it is very creamy and doesn't act as a very good lubricant. prior to treatment it was always very thin, clear, and stretchy. i'm wondering if the diflucan might have altered the thickness of my fluids permanently, because before my treatment i'd never had discharge like this. or maybe i still have a yeast infection?

all of my symptoms (itching, redness, smell, etc.) have disappeared, but i want to be sure i'm cured so i don't pass this back to my boyfriend. since my treatment we haven't had sexual contact. the only other unusual thing lately is that my boyfriend says i taste especially 'acidy.' do you guys think i should get an over the counter yeast infection treatment to be sure, or would that do more harm than good?

other than all that stuff, does diet have anything to do with the consistency of discharge? and if it does is there any way to get myself back to normal?

HI! I would suspect diflucan didn’t work (well) because it has happened to me too. I was left with the symptoms after finishing diflucan treatment. I went to see a doc again. This time I decide to pay for the visit, so I saw a private one. He told me I still had yeast and he prescribed me another drug.

My friend told me to drink a lot of yogurt as it is effective against yeast as well as cranberry juice and I did. I don’t know if it were the new drug or yogurt but I was clear on my follow-up.

UPDATE: i just used monistat yesterday. the discharge is STILL thick, and now it's become lumpy. there are no other symptoms, but i'm worried i might have made the infection worse (assuming i have one)

is there any medicine other than fluconazole, tioconazole, miconazole, nystatin, or clotimazole that's PROVEN to cure yeast?? i've tried ALL OF THESE now and nothing has left me without any doubts that i was cured. i feel like i've spent a fortune on doctor visits and otc medication. someone please help me! i would very much like to resume my normal sex life.

hi did you ever get a solution to this? i have the same problem :(

I used to get yeast infections all the time that lasted forever. I changed my diet and they went away. I recently had to eat gluten for my celiac challenge endoscope and revenge of the yeast came back at me. I read that the higher infected form of yeast infections can come from reactions to laundry, chemicals and various foods. If you're having it over and over see if spermicides, condom materials, materials in underwear or detergents, soaps and so on are bugging you. If not those, pay attention to what new things you started eating when it picked up.

Well what drug was it please?

What other drug did you take? Please let us know.