about four months ago I felt an irritation towards the tip of my penis. no sores or anything is present. The pain is constant and it doesn't hurt during urination or ejaculation. However, it seems to hurt most for a few days after masturbation. I went to see a urologist and was checked for stds, even though i haven't been sexually active for 16 months. The urine analysis was negative. Since the pain started I have been on antibiotics,(cipro 10 days, doxycyclines 10 days, zithromax 7 days) and those haven't helped. I was then put on flagyl in case of a protist(trich) infection. That hasn't helped either. So I'm wondering what other possible causes are out there. I am not a stressed out person so I don't think this is all in my head either.

I have same problems for the last 8 months. I took a lot of antibiotec without any relief. Tell me if you are cured and if so, tell me about your medicines.

Regards,

MA

I placed a post in this forum (Posted: 03/02/07 - 14:42) you may wish to read this. Not sure if there are common factors. I am still looking for the cure. If you find out then let me know as this condition is driving me up the wall

Scots Guy

I went to see another urologist and he did a prostate exam on me and found that one of my sphincters was loose and irritating the prostate. When he pressed on it I got a referred pain like the pain i had been getting. Two months later after a lot of kegels things are much better.

Can you give a little more info about the urologists findings and your treatment. How was the prostate exam done? What sphinctor was causing the problem?

What exactly were your symptoms (pain, any signs of swelling at the tip?)

I am having a similar problem and doctors can not figure it out so far.

Thanks

I am having the exact same problems! .. My irritations start from masturbation or sexual intercourse. Doctors say all is normal, Ive been on Doxy many times it normally helps, then sooner than later the whole process starts again. Im not sure what to do. For you i can recomment TEATREE OIL it really helps.

Ive been suffering for the last 7 years with this and the symptoms are very similar to yours. Did you finally solve your problem?
What was the remedie? Awaiting your reply desperately. Thank you

Hi, i have found that i get a burning pain inside my penis as well with no urinary tract infection. My Solution so far is on the onset of pain drink a pint of water and sit still mabey with something cool (ice pack) in your lap and in half an hr should be ok. The burning is possibly caused by concentrated urea. So folks drink lots of water.

I agree with Water. I have had this problem off and on for seven years. Antibiotics worked fine. My first doctor said, "Stop putting the lube on the tip of your penis bc it is getting in an irritating you." That was very good advice. But not enough.

It happened again. Itching on the inside. Urine stains in the undies. Red discoloration on the tip of penis. As we are all blaming the other people, I did that too. I realized that I had a habit of wearing my jock strap over and over with out cleaning it. ugh you say. But some people think it's sexy to sniff a sweaty jock strap. That gave me atheletes penis.

Well, when I stopped doing that and used Lamasil I got better. But it came back.

So I was referred to a Urologist. The reason I referred to a urologist was that I let this go on so long that peeing and masturbating no longer scratched the itch it made it worse. I lost the desire for sex. Then when I wanted to, I couldn't even get hard.

My doctor gave me an antibiotic that included an antifungal. I had to take this for 1 month twice daily. Problem my partner had picked up my fungal infection. So unless I used a condom I kept getting reinfected. So, when it started again, I let my partner take half the medication. We had good unprotected sex for a while. But I had to drink lots of water prior to sex. Urinate after sex or interrupt it to urinate and then hydrate again so that I could urinate when I finished. I always made sure I cleaned my penis well immediately after sex. I have been fine for a year. I get hard on command. Even when I don't want to. Like I'm fifteen again. But unfortunately I had unprotected sex with an ex without cleaning up right after and its starting all over again.

So, clean undies, lots of water, piss after sex and get a Rx for an antibiotic with Sulphanate in it. Can't remember the name. Make sure your partner gets the medicine too and don't cheat without a condom and if your partner is having sex with someone she slept with while you had this you will get it again. Otherwise you'll be fine.