I am deperate, in severe 24/7 pain ! I have a pain and swelling near to urethra top of vagina one side, close to urethra= had this 3-4 years, it getting larger and worse. - nobody can seem to help. I get a spasmodic pain in groin bone which is related, I am 100% it is cyst. had vaginal repair unecessarily, gynaecologist mis diagnosed, now doctors don t want to investigate as it is close to urethra. Am so desperate I cannot tell you.
Have had various checks bladder okay ish. when I wee, I trickle after pls help 16.02.07
Janet

Hallo Janet,

It is interesting how you had all of these checkups and still you are facing the problem. When you said you had vaginal repair do you mean that you had a surgery on the swelling? Could you give me more details about this repair? It might be that the surgery caused the problem in the first place. The fact is that this can also be a benign growth like a tumor or something. Had any of the doctors done the biopsy of the swelling area? The tingling sensation tells me that there might even be a infection in your urinary canals but this has to be tested at the hospital. Are you on any medication right now?

I too have the same problem and have been in severe pain for quite sometime I am currently in hospital yet again for this as it is so painful they will be doing tests (MRI and ultrasound with dye) tomorrow hopefully they will find out what the problem is as the only relief I get is from strong pain killers and even then the pain is still present and radiates through my bladder and is magnified when I urinate now with spasms as well it has seemed to worsen rapidly over time to the point the lump is not just dropping down into the vaginal cavity but now pushing forward and feels like it's going to burst . The latest gyno team to examine me seems to think it is a ureatheral buldge wich is full of bacteria causing the frequent UTIs that I have also been experiencing with this problem so far I have had just a plain ultrasound and a camera inserted some time ago with doctors telling me they cannot see anything and are calling it a bladder prolapse as I had a hysterectomy over ten years ago but this latest gyno team says that beyond the lump ( approx an inch inwards ) the vaginal wall is fine and not pro lapsing I also had a team on last admission insert a pesserie ring to hold the bladder up wich fell down onto the back of the lump and then caused severe bleeding for over a week and was extremely painful . Considering I have had a hysterectomy over ten years ago and haven't had bleeding in this area since was a lot of blood to loose for me and since this awful experience if I stand for long periods or if I have another UTI the lump now bleeds . I will let you know more tomorrow after tests if I have more news to share with you all .. Hopefully touch wood they will finally get to the bottom of this strange and painful lump

It turns out this is a diverticular of the ureathra and is in it's early stages difficult to diagnos so it isn't until it becomes a real problem (recurrent UTIs , urinal leakage , hardness and pain ) that doctors are able to diagnos this problem , the treatment for this is unfortunately surgery , and there is a 70% success rate , in some cases the lump becomes so hard if it is left for too long without diagnosis can become carcinogenic and also ulcerated to the point that surgery is very difficult it is recommended that a person having surgery should be placed on antibiotics for two weeks prior to avoid complications ( infection and ulceration ) and antibiotics for two weeks post surgery also , the lump can sometimes be U shaped this is when the problem is in a more severe state , if you have symptoms as above please continue to see your GP or treating medical doctor and point out the exact position of the lump and problems as early treatment is vital for this condition . I hope this helps

I do just had hysterectomy with bladder tact up and retropubic mesh sling. Am having to void every two hrs all through the night. I shift on the toilet constantly and wait each time to drain the bladder. Have been diagnosed with over active bladder and have a wonderful doc. Don’t know where u live but come to the Urogynacology dept. at UAB Kirkland clinic in Bham Al. People from all parts of the US and other countries come here for all medical care.

New Hope

Hello, in this case, I don't recommend you to do more examinations, because some transvaginal examinations will cause your urethral infection. For example, I was asked by my doctor to dilate the uterus because of pelvic effusion. I said that my blood stasis was discharged from the uterus. I did as required. But in the week after that, I wanted to urinate frequently. The symptoms seem to be worse.

I have also received intravenous infusion to relieve inflammation. It is said that once a year injections can help prevent the recurrence of gynecological inflammation. My experience tells me that besides treatment, hygiene and prevention are very important in your life. For example, you can eat more food such as broccoli and bitter melon, pumpkin and so on. In addition, kiwifruit and strawberry help absorb inflammation.