Can women get Urethritis? If so, what is the treatment? Can it be caused by anything other than Ryder's Syndrome? :) :)

Hi there,

For the first question, yes women can get urethritis.  Now I am not sure about all the causes of urethritis but I can give you some symptoms and few causes for this condition. Most women with this condition will have abdominal pain, pelvic pain and vaginal discharge. Also you can experience fevers and chills with frequent urinations. Urination can be painful accompanied with burning sensation while you urinate. Most common cause for this condition is bacteria or virus. If I am not mistaking E coli is most often found as bacteria that causes urethritis. Women most often have this during their reproductive years, but men can have this between age 20 and 35. I hope this helped you.