Hi, I often have urinary tract infections and my bladder hurts daily. When I take one prescribed dose of antibiotic after a few weeks I get another infection. What can I do to stop this cycle of recurrent infections?

Hi, you need to take full amount of antibiotics to get rid of bacteria. Otherwise, some of them may survive and cause another infection. Most advisable would be to do an antibiogram and determine which bacteria is responsible for infection and which antibiotic is applicable for treatment. Like this, possibility for developing resistance to an antibiotic is diminished to minimum. Inflamed bladder causes irritation, which produces pain in your abdomen and pelvic area and makes you need to empty your bladder more often. If you try to urinate you only produce a few drops, and even that may be itching. Sometimes, people lose control of urination, or notice a change in smell as unpleasant and in clarity as it gets cloudy.