Hello I hope you can help provide an answer to my problem. I tested positive for Chlamydia last year after a foolish one night stand. I took 4g Azithromycin and the infection went away. I was tested again two Months later and all the results came back negative. I was very relieved.... However, for the past 8 Months I have had a very mildly irritated and redish urethra.

It doesn't hurt to pee and there is no discharge or pain elsewhere in the body but the meatus does look slightly red when you inspect it. Some days its more irritated then others and is especially sensitive after ejaculation. Sometimes i also feel a tingle or pinch in the urethra.

In the past 8 Months i have been tested TWICE for ALL STD's and the results were negative. I was prescribed 2g Azithromycin ( single dose ) and then a 7 day course of 100mg Doxycycline. This seemed to initially help but by the 7th day didn't get rid of the symptoms.

Its driving me crazy as it doesn't seem to be an infection, because the amount of antibiotics that i have taken would have killed any bacteria residing in the urethra.

Thanks for your help guys.

A lot of things could cause this  - from yeast infection (which can result from taking antibiotics) to a skin allergy or sensitivity to a personal care product or laundry detergent you are using. An over the counter antifungal cream like monistat can help clear up a yeast infection, and you can try changing your shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, etc. to see if that has any effect. You might also try a penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man  Oil) that can soothe red, sore or dry penis skin.

urbanfox, sorry you are going through this too. I have had the same exact thing as you for 4+ months. It's making me miserable. All STD's negative. No pain during urination. Azithromycin 1000mg had no effect. Steroid creams made it worse. Lotrimin had no effect, but I'm trying it again. I have no idea if it's a fungus or virus or bacterial or prostatitis, It doesn't seem to fit the symptoms of any of them, and the treatment of all of them isn't working. It just seems like something colonized in my penis and I can't get it out. Urologist and dermatologist have no idea either. All I know is its not going away.

Symptoms:
Began 1 week after receiving unprotected oral sex from erotic masseuse girl, accompanied by slight flu-like symptoms which kept me home from work for a few days. Red, irritated meatus and urethra, gets redder from hot shower water and during erections. Urine dribbles out after urinating. Yellow/grey discoloration on right underside of glans, but under the skin. Last week started to break through the skin as a reddish slight bump, but barely noticable. Semen appears more yellow. Less forceful ejaculations. Streak of blood in semen in most recent ejact. Pre-cum appears more easily during erections. Penis tip gets very cold when running. Penis pain for hours after ejaculation. Slight penis pain after urination.
I'm seeing a new urologist next week. Hopefully he can help me. Otherwise I have no idea what to do. I can't believe this happened from just a single instance of getting a BJ. I am 95% sure that's what its from.

Had this for about a year.  No one knows the answer.

Hey there, I feel I have the same thing right now. Since this post took place a year ago, can you please let me know what the update is now? Was it cured? I really hope it was. Please let me know, you might help me.

Any updates out there?

It is probably genital candida which is totally treatable just contact your Dr/urologist/dermatologist

I had same symptoms and same follow up as 90% of people in this forum and other forums online. Received oral sex (that was very rough) that caused Chlamydia week after. Treated clam succesfuly with the use of cream (not OTC, Ketoconazole2%) and a single tablet of Fluconazole, the redness persisted and it caused pain on friction with my clothes, needles and sharp pain (although not during urination) and very inflamed after sex of masturbation. Red lip of meatus seemed to grow. That persisted for 2 months. After reading all the forums and freaking out about having a chronic condition here's my advice: STOP READING FORUMS and go to a doctor. I got prescribed Cephalexin antibiotic antibiotic 2 times a day and after 4 days my meatus started healing and the pain disappeared almost 80%. I can see how the redness and rawness of the meatus starts being covered by pink skin again. It was a bacterial infection although not and STD, its called NGU Uretritis. Internet is full of horror stories, Im sure the struggle of a lot of people is real but if you are reading this and freaking out like I did please understand that internet is full of horror stories. I thought I would have to live with this forever and now it's almost healed. So that can be your case too.

Hi!
I have the exact same problem.
Just came from now were.

Did the Cephalexin antibiotic helped you 100%??
This starts to freaking me out. Have already been eating antibaiotic and take creams for fungal and also cortisone. Nothing makes it better...
PLS help

Hi!

Haha I have the same problem!!
Tested everytingh without any good result...and all STD are negative!
Did the Cephalexin work?
I have also read that if you stopp jerking of for at least one month the problem will be solved by itself...
Have any one tried that with good result?

Okay guys. I have the same symptoms described for 4 months now and I think I am finally "cured". It's a really weird answer though... so get ready. I was tired of this constant feeling and my urologist suggested it was a blockage of some sort. We did a cystoscopy to check for any blockages, which really sucks. Not sure if it was the procedure itself or the lidocaine that was pumped into my urethra before the procedure, my symptoms have vanished. I'm not sure if they will return but it has been almost 2 weeks.

Hey, just curious if you are still 100%?

What was the dosage of the Cephalexin?

Dermol 500 is what i use and it helps a lot. good luck

You mean you're still using it? How long do you have to take it for?