I am a 33 year old woman. Ive had one natrual birth..and I'm not going through menapose... But its embarrassing when I constuntly have to got to the restroom.. and sometimes I don't make to the restroom befor I pee all over myself.. I can't laugh real hard, sneeze, caugh, run, jump,be active at all with my family because I will tinkle on myself..
My marriage is sometimes in trouble. because I don't want my husband touching me anywhere near there because I'm afraid that he might notice I tinkled on myself.. He says he don't care, but I do. Ive tried the excersise things that my Dr. suggested.. they didn't work. Ive tried not drinking caffinated drinks, didn't work. Ive done pretty much everything people suggest to me. Im at my wits end.. My Dr. acts like he dosen't care. Maybe Im not telling him the right things.. I don't know.. I just want to be normal and be able to do things with my family.. Please help me..

Health Advisor
Hello! It is obvious you have urinary inconsistence. You would not know how many women suffer from it. There are many possible causes of urinary inconsistence. Some of them involve childbirth as it weakens the pelvic muscles, sometimes it is dysfunction of the bladder and its sphincter, it could be some kind of neurological problems like spinal cord injuries, etc

People who are obese may have problems with urinary inconsistence as the pressure is put on the bladder and the muscles around it. Constipation, obstruction, drugs and alcohol can cause the problem too.
I would advise you to see a doctor and see what it is all about, what the cause could be. If the problem was in the muscles you may try to avoid the surgery and try pilates. Pilates is a form of activity that includes exercises that strengthen all sorts of muscles and I actually know a woman who managed to treat urinary inconsistence with the exercises.

I have also had that problem for the past 17 years after I had children. My doctor put me on meds for it and I just got tired of pills. She finally sent me to a physical therapist for the bladder. They taught me excercises to do every day. They are very simple, easy and pain free. After 1 month, I went from using pads to pantiliners! They are assuming in another month I won't need anything at all to stay dry. It's awesome and it feels great to be getting better. Best of luck to you hon!