Hello Everyone,

I am an 18 year old male college student with no history of sexual/urniary problems. About two weeks ago, I experienced the occasional feeling of needing to urinate, but not actually having to/be able to. That went away, but now I have an even stranger problem: Sometimes I feel the need to urinate in an odd way, not badly or urgently, but the need is there, and feels different than a "normal" urge. At first I can ignore it, as I have often urinated very recently before this, but within about 20-30 minutes, the need increases, and it starts to feel as though I will involuntarily urinate. I never get the feeling like I have a lot of urine to release, like how I feel when I urinate in the morning. Its not like that. Sometimes a get a spreading feeling of warmth in my groin area, which is alarming, but I have never actually involuntarily released any volume of urine, or noticed any physical symtom. At times it gets bad enough that I get up to go to the bathroom, but sometimes I cant urinate/dont have any urine, and when I do go it is a minuscule amount. I suspect that the reason I can't go is because my bladder is empty, not because of blockage. This started about four days ago, and has happened about five times. I am always sitting down when it occurs, but I often sit at my desk or at a meal and feel nothing. If I stand and/or walk around, the feeling disappears. It often happens in class (spanish class only, oddly enough) but not always. This bizarre situation is causing undo stress, and I suspect that it is at least partly in mind. I have not spoken to any medical practitioner about it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

P.s. If there is some other site/forum that could better address my question, please let me know.

I also have this problem from time to time, i have posted to boards like you and nobody every replies just like nobody has replied to you. When i ask doctors about it they have no explanation. I'm guessing that it's no big deal. I'm in my late twenties and it happened to me on and off for most of my life and it has never turned into anything serious.

IM having this problem right now and i have a feeling of urinating but i can't go i've tried everything from standing and waiting to drinking water to doing math in my head. I noticed that im especially fidgety right now too.

I am experiencing the same thing. Urgency to urinate, but it's much worse when I am sitting down. When I get up and walk around, it subsides to the point where I don't feel like I have to go anymore. I wish someone had an answer - it's driving me crazy!

I have the same thing. I cant figure out what it is but its making things very complicated. If anyone finds the solution let me know. I've never had this before and it just started to happen about 3 days ago. Normally I would be lucky if I went to the washroom 3 times a day. Now its at least every hour.

Same thing goes on.It started as a UTI and now the feeling is there only when i sit, makes one mad.What's this? If you get an answer, please post here.Also i am a female.

yeah this thing just happened to me like 5 mins ago. it never happened before. it seems like its not a big deal if it only happens once and awhile. i'm gonna try to drink tons and tons of water until i'm jumping around then maybe it'll be solved.

I have similar symptoms and someone recommend GNLD has a product name Masculine Herbal Complex the person sais it helped.

I also have a similar problem on and off for about 3 years now. It seems to happen the most when I drink a lot of beer, but it also sometimes happens when I hardly drink anything at all. I had a urinary tract infection about 15 years ago and it feels almost exactly like that, but I don't think I have a UTI again because that was this feeling non stop for a week until I finally went to a doctor. When it happens now, it lasts anywhere from 1 to 8 hours and then I am fine. I sometimes get this 2 or 3 times in a week and sometimes I don't get it at all for a couple of months. I really hate when I get it, especially when I am at a Bar and need to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes and only a drop comes out, and I still feel like I have to go really, really bad. I hate when this happens and, just like everyone else here, I would appreciate any help as to WTF this is. I am going to talk to my doctor about this the next time I see him, and I will let you guys know what he comes up with.

I also have had this problem a couple of times now. I am also finding myself quite fidgety, bad sleep last night.
my thought is after sex sometimes i need a pee (natures way of cleaning you out) so your body thinks it needs to go but your bladder is empty.
But im no doctor ha. Prolly just exams stress and the need for overwhelmingly wetting yourself.

im 18, have similar problem. Just phoned NHS helpline about it, they didnt really have any ideas what it was. Possibly a ining infection or maybe chlomida, but seeing other posts about people having not had sex and having these problems i dont think it would be a sti(plus I do safe sex).
They recommended drinking lots of water (2litres for the day min) and just seeing how it develops. Maybe being dehydrated is the problem or just stress from exams giving me the urge to wet myself when i think about results

im 18, have similar problem. Just phoned NHS helpline about it, they didnt really have any ideas what it was. Possibly a lining infection or maybe chlomida, but seeing other posts about people having not had sex and having these problems i dont think it would be a sti(plus I do safe sex).

Many men experience this. it is most likey caused by a swollen prostate, and will go away. The only way to prevent this is with a good diet and only small amounts of beer. i myself have experienced this, and i know how unbearable it can be. sometimes, you can relieve the pressure by trying to have a bowel movement, thus relieving pressure on the prostate. also avoid sex or masturbating after drinking. hope this can help you at least a little!

I get the exact same thing. It ALWAYS happens when i drink and have sex or masturbate. If I don't drink it won't happen. It drives me nuts especially since I really only notice it when I'm trying to sleep.

I have the same problem. im 20 and every now and again i have the urge to pee, but when i go to toliet i cant and it hurts or a little bit comes out. its so irritating and my doctor doesnt know what it is. i did a urine test and im not diabetic or have a UTI. its driving me mad.