Hi. I’ve recently started experiencing several problems with my right eye. It is red most of the time, vision is blurred a bit, and it seems to be much more sensitive to light than ever before. I have had glasses for several years now but I’ve never felt like this before. I can definitely tell that my right eye vision is rapidly decreasing and that worries me really much. I’ve scheduled appointment for next week but I can’t wait that long without knowing what this could be. Is there anybody here with some ideas?? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

For me, it seems like you have uvitis. All symptoms you’ve mentioned are uvitis symptoms. That is the best guess I can give you. It is an inflammation of the the uvea, the layer between the sclera and the retina. If that is the case, and I strongly believe that it is, than you should not worry too much because it can easily be treated. In the meantime, dark glasses may be helpful. Hope this helps

My mother had the same symptoms you described. she went to the DR. and was told that she had uvitis at first and then was later told that she had cogan's syndrome. you may want to check out this web site. intelihealth.com/ih/ihtih/wsihw000/9339/35151.html

hope it helps. good luck

Did your mother break out in sores on her face and head ?
My daughter has been treated for the disease and now she has broken out all over her face and head in very large egg like bumps.
The doctors say that there is no cure !
What did the doctors tell your mother ?

Sir I am suffering from UVITIS from last 15 years. Now it has agraveted a lot. Once Dr had given some Injection in eye before 5 years, but it has no effect now. With UVITIS I also has catract problem. With the small black spots I also feel blur vision in my eye. Kindly suggest me proper solution, by which I can permanently get rid of it.

my sister in law has been told that she has uvitis and that there is no cure for it. that the steriods she takes will help but she will never regain her eye sight. and that it is a possibility that she may go blind. because nobody knows how to fix the problem any suggestions?