So I start off pretty good when I masturbate. But I always get to the point where my vagina starts to throb and I squirm around like crazy, and I can't keep going. I do get some pleasure out of it but nothing has felt really good. I don't get it. I'm also a beginner at this.

What part of the vagina are you masturbating?  What are you masturbating with?  I really hope you are not trying to shove anything up your vagina.  You need to stimulate your clit - you can google this on the computer to show you exactly where it is located but it is on the outside of the vagina.  Start with this, rub it how you like it and mix it up all the time.  If you find that it is dry use some of your own spit to moisten it back up which makes the pleasure really good, the wetter the better - the inside of the vagina has some really great lubricant as you get more turned on the wetter the inside of the vagina gets.

Get this book. "FOR YOURSELF" by Lonnie Barbach {not sure on spelling but its close enough} Every woman who is non-orgasmic or has problems with orgasm will get help from this book.