Hi, I noticed this morning a sharp pain in my vagina. I checked myself and come to notice that i had a hard lump on the left side located in the vagina opening. It starts at the edge of the vagina opening and goes half way down. I touch it and it hurts and it hard. I'm afraid its a something serious. Help!

i have taht too please help!!!!!!!!

ask a docter its not normal but it might not be anything serious but still get a docter to check it out.........if you get embarressed dont worry about it....the lump will be gone... ;-)

Guest wrote:

i have taht too please help!!!!!!!!

dont worry just get a docter may be nothing serious ^^

this sounds like a cyst. you need to see a Doc for antibiotics, if these dont work you may need to see a hosp doc. doesnt sound serious to me.however def needs looking at by a Health person,

it could just be an abcess. my mom had that, and if it is all theyll do is cut it out, its not major surgery.

i have the same problem....this is like the 5th time in a little over a year....
every time same side and place....after a few days its like whatever it is pops and leaks out this nasty discharge. and after it pops no more lump or pain. and then it doesnt return for a few months.
but when i have the lump it is painful to sit or lay certain ways

wow most likely those of you that have that bump shave? if you do its a in grown hair thats all... if you have that bump and dont shave and its like purplish then you need to get that docs it warts

I have experienced this in the past. It is called a 'Bartholins cyst'. It is basically glands called Bartholin glands. They are normally unnoticeable and are all around the labia. When they get blocked, they can become large extremely painful lumps. They can sometimes appear purpalish, mine where just red, extremely swollen, hard, swore lumps. I feel for you!!! I was really worried and in pain to boot. I started getting lumps in my breasts as well, they were red and you could see the redness running through my veins!!! Turned out I had glandular fever, as i had needed stitches in my arm which became infected due to a shody student nurse! The infection spread to the glands in my armpit and eventually round my whole body!! When i had the vaginal cyst, i saw the nurse and took antibiotcs. It cleared up but then kept coming back, so i had the glands removed in a minor surgery. See someone soon, antibiotics alone will clear it up as long as you dont leave it to get worse!!!
Hope this helps, good luck xxx