I have a lump between my urethra and vagina. It bulges out and covers my urethra opening, then goes down into my vagina. It runs along the top of my vagina where my urethra would run and goes about 2 inches in. It is hard and you can put your finger on both sides (kind of U shaped) so I know it isn't my vagina wall. Sex is not possible because it hurts so badly, but when my boyfriend and I did have sex with it the tip of his penis would get caught on it making a poping noise. It is very sensitive. I had been to the gynecologist because of pain and she said the pain was coming from my bladder. I just noticed the lump looking myself with a mirror and mentioned it to her the next visit and she said she didn't see anything (I don't know how that is possible, but I didn't show her exactly what I was talking about). I have an appointment with a Urologist on the 7th. Any ideas?

Ok I'm trying to get a visual here so I'm going to use symbols and lets see what it is OK?

you have your urethra *
you have your vagina 0

Is the bump here *----
Or here 0 -------
OR in the middle

Does it go inside your vagina like this / .\
Or is it on the outside like this / \ .

Your urethra is the lump like this *.
OR under and near the vagina *
.

0

It is in the middle but bulges out and covers my urethra
.
*
O

It then goes inside my vagina along the top
  • Reply

HMMM!!! At first I was thinking ti was a Bartholin Cyst - but that is the bottom opening of your vagina! This sounds like you have some sort of a cyst in your urethra - NOTHING to do with your bladder for crying out loud! You could have a BAD UTI! And it has formed a pustule at your urethral opening! OR your have a blocked pore or infection between your urethra and your vagina! Does your urine smell or sting, and are you ahving problems urinating?

Urine doesn't smell. Sometimes it burns a little but I've been tested for UTI 3 times and all were negative

I think then it is time for you to be put on antibiotics and have the lump excised! IT sounds painful and there has to be a reason for it! Do you think it's a blocked folice or ingrown hair that has gotten infected!?

I don't think so. It isn't where any hair would grow. I'll just have to keep going to the doctor until they see what I see

did you find out what this was I have noticed the same issue with me started a couple months ago trying to see what i can do about getting checked since i have no health insurance please let me know anything thanks

I have the same issue and i came across this after my doctors appointment, my doc told me it is an infection in your urinary tract and she started me on antibiotics, It is painful to sit as to seeing this protrudes slightly from your vagina, if this isnt gone in a week, she wants to lance it to drain the infection, she also did a CT scan to see how far it went, and oddly enough its only a small area.. Anyways have your doctor feel exactly where it is and makes sure he/she knows its painful. In my case it took about a half hour for her to finally feel what i was talking about, then again i had to literally touch where it hurt with a tounge depressor.. But i wish any female who reads this luck and i hope i helped you as well. and oh by the way, dont sit in bath water! thats a no no.. it only helps spread the infection, spray a gentle stream of cool water on the area and it should relieve some of the pain, and i have found pamprin works for the pain, even if your not on your period it still works, and if it itches slightly use baby rash cream, its gentle and wont make a mess like the prescription creams. i wish you all the best and like i said i hope this helped someone :)

Ok! I have the same thing...I think. I was trying to insert a tampon when I noticed it was a little painful/not enough room. So of course I thought the reasonable thing and assumed it was a tampon I had left. The idea was horrifying so I went straight in, but what I found was no tampon but a lump of sorts between my vagina and urethra. I went this health care clinic in my neigborhood right away. I was examined by a PA and she said, "everything looks normal" Um...thanks for nothing. So I booked an appointment with Pkanned Parenthood and saw a nursed practioner this time and she told me everything looked normal and she wouldn't have even noticed the said lump unless I had pointed it out. She wasnt able to help be on identifing what it was and reffered me to a doctor. I don't see him until the 16th and I'm just stressing out. The only difference with mine is that the lump doesnt hurt itself, just uncofortaglyu when I tried inserting the tampon. Also, I've been noticing my urinating is different. I seem to have to go more often and less comes out. but when Im done, I feel like I dont' have to pee anymore so itls not bladder infection. What is going on?? any further advise is welcome please

omg same exact problem with me! i couldn't have sex because of it and it doesn't hurt for me either! some of the things mentioned earlier about infections really scared me but i doubt it's that. and same problem with peeing too; it doesn't feel like i'm really letting go. :/ maybe that's why? i've been in many situations when i had to delay a bathroom break so could that be it? please please please tell me how this went for you! i'm seriously concerned but too embarrassed to ask my parents to take me the gyno (esp if there is no pain). i'm 18 though but still. please does anyone have answers to this??

I have the exact same thing. It's like a lump just in between my urethra opening and vagina that slightly covers my urethra opening. It's created a bulge inside my vaginal wall that continues maybe an inch in, making the vaginal opening what I can only describe as almost a U shape! Mines also not painful, but tampons can sometimes be slightly uncomfortable. Sex doesn't hurt me either but its never been amazing or that pleasurable either so am wondering if this might be something to do with it... I thought that this was just normal as I have had it for so long!
    Please let me know how your doctors app. went I would love to know if this is something I need to get checked out!

Hi, Has anyone have any luck figuring this problem out?

Hey! I have just been diagnosed with a UTI caused by a bacteria that is hard to find in regular urine tests. Mycoplasma are extremely small and therefore require a more thorough investigation. I am not sure that it is the cause of all my pains and problems but it is the first test that has come back positive from all the other tests I have done in the past 12 months, between 3 physicians. Maybe ask yours about it. I had a UTI a year ago that went untreated, then I got a BV, then yeast, now Mycoplasma. Throughout everything, I have the constant feeling that I need to pee, which led to me holding in my muscles, which led to a spasm...and so for 8 months my clitoris was painful and/or numb. I was unable to experience any sexual stimulation, which brought on a depression, which worsened my libido and self esteem. If all of this is caused by that one damned UTI that never went treated, I do hope to prevent anyone else from going through what I went through psychologically and physically this past year. Look up UTI, Vaginosis, Urethritis, M. Genatalium, Interstitial cystitis and anything else that comes along the way. DON"T ASSUME YOU HAVE IT, but inform yourself about these things with a specialist, sometimes they just follow the basic tests that the system assumes your age group requires, and omit other things that are less common. I am no specialist, just giving out any possible leads. Hope this helps.

I am having a similar issue and after an MRI and cystoscopy (where they look in your urethra with a camera) it is one of 2 things.  Either a cyst (not Bartholin) or a urethral diverticulum.  The MRI leans towards the diverticulum but my urologist said he didn't see anything during the cystoscopy to indicate that, so he is leaning towards a cyst.  Either way, I am scheduled to have surgery to remove it on 5/29.  The surgery is done in the hospital but I should be able to be released the same day.  If they need to repair my urethra during surgery because it is a diverticulum I will need to be catheterized for 10 days.  I would advise you to go get checked out by your doctor if you are having a similar issue.  I was told this could be lived with but it will never go away and can get larger than it already is.