My husband had a knee x-ray for Atraumatic pain. The exam refealed minimal spurring and minimal chondral calcinosis. The joint space was maintained. No erosive change could be identified. However, note was made of extensive vascular calcifications. The conclusion was minimal degenrative changes and extensive vascular calcifications. He is 65 years old and has smoked since in his 20's. His weight is 160 and he is 6 foot tall. Could these vascular calcifications be causing knee pain and what can be done about them? Thanks!

would u let me know what can be done about this iam 70 yrs old and very active this sore knee came on me suddenly the xray showed the surfaces and joint spaces r well maintained no acute fracture or dilocation no loose body is identified and no significant effusion can be seen overall bone mineralization is matained vascular calcification evident knee has been very painful making it difficult to walk since i walk at least 3miles a day and go to the jym daily

Xrays revealed extensive vascular calcification of the knee. What is the prognosis? What treatment, if any, can help the condition? I ride my recumbent trike on the streets for about 2 to 4 hours daily.