I read something about vasculitis in some online article the other day and I was hoping someone can tell me what vasculitis actually looks like. Can you always see it on the outside of the body, like on the skin or something? Or can it be hidden deep inside, like vasculitis of the arteries or something?

First of all vasculitis is an inflammation of your blood vessels and this is causing changes in the walls of your blood vessels, including thickening, weakening, narrowing and scarring.

There are few types of vasculitis and some of them can last for short period of time while others can be chronic. Sometimes you can’t see signs of vasculitis on your skin because sometimes organs can be affected and then again this depends on the type of vasculitis you have. Most common signs and symptoms that most of the people with vasculitis experience are: fever, fatigue, weight loss, muscle and joint pain, loss of appetite and nerve problems such as numbness.

I hope that this was helpful and that this answers your question.