After having read a lot about necrotizing vasculitis, I went on google to finally see what the manifestation of necrotizing vasculitis looks like on the outside of the body. I had expected something nasty looking, but it was a mild rash that looks like something harmless and something that may strike any of us. I commonly see similar rashes on older people on public transport. Do you think that is all necrotizing vasculitis?

Hello there ade922,

It is nice to see that you are concern about something like this but many people are suffering from all kinds of different skin conditions and that is not necrotizing vasculitis. Since you have been seeing pictures I presume that you have also researching this condition, but in case that you haven’t here are few tips. First of all vasculitis is an autoimmune disorder and this means that your own body starts to attack healthy cells and tissue because it thinks these are invaders such as bacteria and viruses. There are few types of vasculitis and some of them are pretty severe and can even be fatal but there are few ones which even doesn’t need treatment at all.

It could be vasculitis in the older people that you see on public transportation. However, it is not a harmless rash. I have had vasculitis since 2006. Some flares can be mild but most are very painful.This disorder can be very debilitating and unbearable.