im just wondering if anyone can help me - my 2 year old has been having chronic diarrhea since she was approx. 6 months old. she has stages where she has no problems but all of a sudden its started again. im am going to the consultant for a second opinion in three weeks. the last consultant just told me it would go away on its own but im worried cos her peers are all laughing at her and there is no way i can begin potty training with the way she is. sometimes she has no warning signs and watery poo just comes out everywhere and others she is in that much pain with it she hits herself in the head. its horrible to see. any help or ideas of things i can ask the consultant please?

I think that it is possible that your poor little daughter may have Crohn's disease or IBS which is why she seems to have diarrhea like that. I don't think it'd be a good idea to speculate because it might lead to a further misdiagnosis, so when you see the specialist, just report what's going on and don't try to make any guesses. Let us know how it goes okay?

We have had this with our daughter, now 18 months. We have been given a diagnosis if celiac disease. We eliminated gluten entirely, and lactose. The lactose is temporary. We had blood work drawn and underwent a sm intestine biopsy for confirmation. I would get into a GI specialist immediately! It will not go away until you remove the toxic food from her diet.