I still can’t understand is eating fruit good or wrong when someone has diabetes. I read some posts and I‘ve got confused with all those different stories. My girlfriend is diabetic, type 1, and she eats fruit as far as I know.

The thing is that fruit contains soluble fiber, among other, which is considered especially helpful for people with either form of diabetes. Soluble fiber may help control blood sugar by delaying gastric emptying, retarding the entry of glucose into the bloodstream and lessening the postprandial rise in blood sugar. It may lessen insulin requirements in those with type 1 diabetes; however, people with diabetes should watch their fruit intake.

karwowski

that is very helpful. thanks! I have diabetes type 2 and i eat fruit too. that's the only desert I can eat...

Hi there,
Diabetes is condition that can affect many aspects of your life. The most important thing is to take your medication on time and to control your diet. Diabetes is a condition where you need to have you blood sugar levels normal all the time. Fruit is kind of food that you can eat when you have diabetes, but in fair amounts. The best choices of fruit are any that are fresh, frozen or canned without added sugars. The thing is that fruits are loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber just like vegetables. Dried fruit and fruit juice are also nutritious choices. However the portion sizes are small so they may not be as filling as other choices
All the best,
Danella