I’d wish I need help with something benign, but as it is, I will have to undergo a vitrectomy procedure and I would lie if I say that I am not frightened. It seems like I am having retinal detachment and reattaching it requires vitrectomy as the part of the operation. I just need to hear from someone who’s had vitrectomy, will everything be ok?

Well, the good thing is that your doctor knows what has to be done. My sister had this operation done and she sees perfectly now. But, it is not a mild procedure, vitrectomy will clear the inner eye fluid on order to manipulate with retina more easily and then it will be refilled. The success of the procedure depends on the condition that caused the entire situation, the results are much better if the source of the problem is the light one.

I had this surgery done last month. The recovery period is just a few days of taking it easy. Mine did not help my vision at all. The surgery was $25,000 for 4 hours in the hospital. I hope it works for other people. I still can not see out of that eye. My vision is 20/500 and 20/200 with glasses.