Yesterday, I was stung multiple times by wasps. I've taken 2 Ranitidine (which I've had since 2002) 12 hours apart. It doesn't seem to be effective as my hand and foot are extremely swollen despite applied ice packs. Will Aleve or Aspirin help?

They (aspirin or naproxin) may help aleviate the pain somewhat, but will do nothing for the swelling. As long as the swelling doesn't get worse, continue to take anti-histimine (such as Benadryl).

On a side note: Ranitidine for wasp stings? Never heard of that.

Hello there,

As the poster above me has already wrote what you should do for swelling and pain there is no need repeating his words. I can tell you just one thing that my grandmother was doing. When I was a little one day I was attacked by few wasps and I got around 5 bites. Nothing was helping when that started to swell. Ice packs were totally useless.

Then my grandmother took knife and she had put it in the cold water. After that she put it on the swelling. She was repeating this process about one hour and this helped. I don’t know was that just coincidence or something else but you can try it. I hope this was helpful.