I am an active basketball player but ever since I increased my exercise activity I have this constant numbness, stiffness and swelling around my left toe area and lately I also hear something like crackling sound whenever I twist my toe or while I walk. It also hurts me but I don't have any leg fracture according to the physical exam I had lest week but it really started bordering me for it is been almost a month I am dealing with this numbness, stiffness and swelling in my left leg and I have noticed the pain lessens whenever I warmed up by playing basket for example but it still persist when I am done with my physical activities. What could this numbness, stiffness and swelling could be and what do I do?

You better check this condition once again and I advice you have also some x-ray test done for physical exam is not enough in some cases. I had the same problem with numbness, stiffness and swelling and I was having really hard time coping with this especially regarding the pain that this condition were causing me. Anyway my X-ray test showed I have Achilles tendonitis and for it was mild form of tendonitis so I was only prescribed some over-the –counter to relieve the pain and numbness I had and also I was applying ice packs but I think your numbness, stiffness and swelling condition could be of much worse form for you were hanging around and being very physical active which only could worsen your tendonitis for if it is left untreated some further complications may occur so the tendon can rupture and the only solution for ruptured tendon is surgery.