Hello. I'm 20 year old female and just recently I have developed a minor teeth abnormality because my wisdom teeth bumped suddenly on the corners of my jaw. I couldn’t also believe in this but these teeth grew with caries on them.
Anyway, I have talked with my dentist and he recommended me removal of these teeth because they are already impacted and can cause several serious abnormalities of my jaw because my other teeth are tight up closely. So, this morning I have had these wisdom teeth removed and the whole day I'm experiencing pain and face swelling. Please tell me is this normal?

Hello. I know some facts about this because last year I have also had them removed and experienced several unpleasant symptoms after such as bleeding, pain and complete face swelling. So, I talked with my dentist about this and he has told me that this is completely normal. You should know that swelling around the mouth, cheeks, eyes and sides of the face is not uncommon. This is the body’s normal reaction to surgery and eventual repair. He has also told me that the swelling may be minimized by the immediate use of ice packs. It will last for a day or two and then it will disappear. Bleeding also should not scar you because it must occur. Avoid exercise, rinsing spitting, smoking and drinking through a straw, as all of these will disturb the blood clot and reinitiate bleeding.