It's almost the middle of the winter now, and the other day I opened a closet where I keep linens and towels, to get a towel out, when out came a hibernating wasp queen and it was NOT HAPPY. The thing stung me really bad, and now there is a lump on my palm, which is where I was stung. What do I do? I don't know for sure whether the sting is still stuck in my hand. I am not normally allergic to wasps, but because it was a queen I am not sure if the reaction is simply a result of the sting itself, or whether there are bodily remains of the wasp still in there. Please advise.

Oh well, a sting doesn't actually break off when a wasp stings you, that is just the case with bees, and bumble bees. So unless you hit the wasp while it was stinging you, there is definitely no wasp part in your hand. It is quite normal to have a heavy reaction from a wasp sting, so I would just put some tea tree on it and allow the spot to heal by itself.