I have a problem. My new townhome (new to me, it's a rental) smells like cat. I know Nature's Miracle is the best product for getting rid of stink that is a result of urine and poop and stuff like that if you use the product on that spot, but is there any sort of candle or incense or anything that just kind of sucks up general stink?

And if so, where would I get it?

The only thing that might work is an ionic breeze machine from the sharper image (and it's expensive $250 for a refurbished one). Otherwise, you're f'ed.

Febreze will be good to cover it up, but you'll need to do it everyday. Oust might work.

Do you own or rent? If you rent, m ake them change the carpet and the pad.

Here's the thing, we just moved in, just unpacked, just got the furniture arranged and want a lazier solution. The replacing the carpet is an option that has crossed our mind.

And we rent.

if it's soaked in thru a carpet, pad and wood nothing ya can do but replace it this point.

Sorry Pug, I think this is the only real option....but, if they didn't fix the damage before you moved in, it seems reasonable to me to negotiate for them to move your stuff for you to change the carpet.

That's what I don't know. I don't know if it is because the cats just peed on everything or if it is just a general odor of cat. Ya know?

I'm sorry but this just has me giggling. :teehee: Hey give me a break though I'm entering my 11th hour of work and I'm just giddy. :|

I'm guessing they peed. We have two litter box using cats currently living in my place and even my cat hating friends will tell you there is no odor. :twocents:

:1:
i'm guessing a non-neutered male with issues took over that place and just marked till he dropped.

f'ing males!

f'ing males!
:1: :teehee: actually, any non-spayed/neutered kitty's urine will smell more than the fixed version for reasons i don't care to know.

Its not just fixed kitties that smell :umno:

Same with male dogs. At least ours smelled worse before he was snipped.
Also, once they're neutered, they don't have the desire to mark inside anymore.

Why is this the female answer to all of life's problems? :x

When men stop causing all our problems....
j/k. I happen to be very fond of the male half of our species.