hi, i am 14 and will be entering high school in washington. i will be 15 in may and i weigh 280 pounds. i've talked to a doctor like 3 weeks ago and she has said that i need to loose atleast 130 pounds to have an avereage weight at my age. i am on a diet, but i have had like 8 cheat days in the past 3 weeks. i feel like no one wants to hang out with me because of my weight. :( i have only been on a diet for almost a month. i walk to my sisters house which is across a long up and down hill and its a 20 minute walk. i want to lose this weight before my birthday. also when i was in middle school, i felt uncomfortable to change in the locker rooms and i dont want the same thing to happen in high school. i rarly have breakfast. usually i eat 2 ham and cheese sandwichs on wheat bread during the afternoon. i heard fiber bread helps loose weight but i dont know where to buy it. i have a planned monthly check in with my doctor about my weight. also i want to try to lose a pound per day and i heard one pound equals 3,500 calories. i can extend my walk from my sisters house twards another way back home which would be an extra 25 or 30 minutes which is 50mins but twice is 1hr 40min. i feel like if i loose this weight i will be more social. and i sweat eaisly too. so i would like tips on how to loose this weight in 9 months. is that possible? i really need to loose this weight. i dont like being in pictures because when i look at them, i feel like i'm fatter than i think. is it better to do an hour 40min walk in the morning or afternoon for august because i dont think i will be able to walk for a long time when school begins.

Hi, first of all YES, it is possible for you to loose that weight, if you really want it. Second of all i will try to give you phew tips and i hope you will listen to me. All right, this may sound somewhat strange but it is true, do not go on a diet. Yes, you read it right and here is why. Diet only slows down your metabolism and that in favor is making it even harder for you to loose weight. My advice is, keep eating as much as you eaten before, eat everything (of course, cut down on fast food). Yes, fiber is good and good source of fiber can be found in cereals that have fiber, that should be easy to find. 
Walking is good for you and you should exercise like that, the more - the better. You must remember that reaching goals in life is not easy and you have to realize that the more you put yourself into it and the more you exercise and exhaust yourself the better results will come and with that so will you satisfaction. Other thing you could try to avoid is eating after 7pm. That helps a lot if you want to loose weight, my friend lost 20 pounds in one month by just walking and not eating after 7pm. Try to walk in the afternoon, but if its easier for you than walk in the morning. Also, any other physical activity is more than welcome. Any sport activity will be good for you and it will help you loose weight faster. I hope this helps.

I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately. I just turned 17 and weigh 279lbs. I currently am doing the Paleo diet and I think it would be good for you too! The Paleo diet (AKA: The Caveman Diet) is basically cutting out all refined sugar and grains. The foods you ca eat include lean meats, fruits, and veggies. If you have beef often, you should keep the fat content down to 3% fat and 97% lean. Ideally, you want portion control! For your big meals (Lunch and Dinner) you want to have 4oz of lean meat (about the size of a deck of playing cards), 2 cups of salad - try to keep the dressing on a minimum...only 2 tablespoons for around 60 calories, and a side of fruit (around a cup). Yes, as you mentioned, fiber and wheat bread is BETTER than white bread, but it is not best for you. Bread often can clog up your stomach and wont make you feel very full. Raw fruits and veggies have an extraordinary amount of fiber and will keep you feel full until your next meal! Also, when it come to drinks, refrain from drinks that contain calories, they are a waste. It's best to drink water, around eight 8oz glasses a day. To make this not a big deal and easier for you, decide curfews, where you must have had a glass of water before that time each day. Try to plan out your meals and drink a full glass of water before and after each meal...this will make you feel full, FASTER. And dont always look at your plate and think you have to eat ALL of your food. Listen to your body when it tells you it's full. Self control: since it seems like youre having some issues committing to a healthy diet, have one "free day" - i always pick saturdays - where you can eat ONE meal that is not on the healthier side. A free day does NOT mean that you can eat whatever and how much of whatever you would like, portions are very important on free days. If you go out to eat, know that you can take it home and eat it for another meal! :) When it comes to weight...dont focus on the huge goal you have in mind. Work on 5 pounds at a time and that way you wont feel as discouraged. Know that your body will eventually plateau when you reach a healthier weight and you may not see any loss for a few weeks! DONT GIVE UP! Dont eat past 7, this is huge, because you are not going to be working out late at night. The food you eat past 7 is waiting for you to use those carbs to burn it off, but if you go to sleep, those carbs turn into fat and you will find that gaining weight is easy at night! You should walk more that 3 times a week in order to lose weight. I would recommend walking until your lungs are used to it, meaning that you have more energy and are able to walk a mile or two at a fast pace without a shortness of breath. Then look up "COUCH TO 5K" and start weaning into running. Good luck and remember the overall outcome! A HEALTHIER YOU!

Hi, how are you? Dont be so depressed. Focus on your inner beauty, women are beautiful with how they are naturally.

I realize you posted here several months ago, but the responses didn't seem to address your desire to lose weight quickly. So, here's some info about that.

You can lose weight. What you can't do is lose 130 pounds in 9 months (39 weeks). That's an average loss of 3-1/3 pounds per week. It's likely that no one can consistently lose at that rate over time -- unless they are in a closely supervised exercise/eating plan, like on the "reality" shows on TV.

Think about the following information, and you'll understand why losing a pound per day won't work for you. (FYI, I'm not one of those "I've always been slim so it must easy!" people. I once lost 55 pounds over 7 months.)

First, losing 1 pound per day means burning 3500 calories more than you eat that day -- or eating fewer calories and burning off the rest of the 3500. If someone reduces their caloric intake by 1000 calories each day and burns off an additional 2500 calories each day, that person would lose 1 pound every day.

Based on what you wrote, you aren't eating enough to be able to eat fewer calories. If your weight has been stable, then you're eating just enough calories to maintain your weight. Also it sounds like your regular food intake isn't very balanced, which isn't very good for you, either.

Second, it appears that you plan to walk as your only exercise. Walking is good for you in various ways, but do you know how many calories are used by walking? Not nearly as many as most of us would like. I found a Walking Calorie Calculator online (you can search for it; it's in the About pages). It says a 280 pound person walking 2 miles at 2 miles per hour (30 minutes per mile) burns 318 calories. (Be aware of the oddity in this calculation that sometimes a slower pace burns more calories than a faster pace. It's because when you walk faster, you can develop some momentum that helps with the forward movement.) If the calculation is even close to correct, then you can see that you aren't going to be able to walk off anywhere near 3500 calories in a day.

So, it appears to me that you won't be able to exercise and eat less food to make a 3500-calorie dent in every day. I suggest that you go for an average of 1 or 2 pounds per week.

As you go through this weight loss, please try not to beat yourself up too much for occasionally slipping up. Just continue on following your plan.

i agree wth Cosmin-kinda... sU know what? everyone in this world is on a diet. No really, our diet is what we eat! so just modify your diet. dont eat less, keep up the fibre and add even healthier options to your menu. it also helps to plan a weekly/daily menu. snacks, and excercise. throw a basketball around, lift some weights,

Im in the same boat, im turning 15 in May, but im a freshman at highschool. I loose weight by drinking lots ans lots of water, sometime Arizona Tea, but diet. I starve myself all the time and if you want food, go out side and walk 10 minutes and if you think about food about 10 timesthat's a hundred minutes but you have to walk. So thats how i loose weight.♥

Hey im a 13 year old teenager and its summer i only have two months before school comes back i want to go back looking different, i have been bullied becuase of my weight btw i weigh 244lbs can u please help me and give me some tips of how to lose weight. I want a girl friend this year but looking like a burger wont help can u help?

My weight is 280 pound and age is 44 is it possible to me to loss my weight?

Hi I'm 13years old I weigh over 280 pounds I need advice on how to loose all that extra weight. I am in 8th grade and I am not Confritible to change in the locker rooms at school and I don't have any where to walk I need help on how to loose weight