2 days ago I got this weird numbness in my mouth that feels like a numbing thin plastic coating and I can't get rid of it.  It feels like thin plastic is covering my lips as well.  It's not sexually transmitted as I've not had any sexual esposides in years.  Anyone every experienced this?  Could it be an allergic reaction?

I think that you are referring to mucus in your mouth. You have to understand that this is not something that is strange and everybody had a small lining of mucus in our mouth. This mucus is usually just saliva from our salivary gland, but sometimes if you have some sort of infection in your body the mucus will be much noticeable. Have you tried to use some mouth wash after you brush your teeth. Mouth wash can be very helpful. You could try to use warm salty water that you will gargle for several minutes a day few times a day. You should notice changes in two or three days.

I hope that this was helpful in any way.

Nelie

Me also , i feel like thier a plastic coating in My lips . what do i do to get my lips back to normal ?

Does anyone know about the feeling where it's like a layer of plastic is over one of your teeth but there's nothing there?

I have the same thing going on with my teeth and it's driving me crazy. Please let us know what's going on. Thanks.