Yesterday I had a really bad diarrhea. I made ginger tea and I was drinking it all day. This morning I’m much better but now I have rash. It’s pretty itchy and I think that it may be because of ginger. Does anybody know about rash following ginger use? Thanks!

First you should know that ginger can cause allergic skin reaction. And it usually results in a rash. So, maybe you are right. Ginger can cause rash, so don’t panic. That is the possible side effect. Just stop use it immediately. If it won’t go away, go to you doctor for proper medical advice.

I just made some ginger tea from ginger root, and a really huge rash appeared on both of my legs almost immediately. I stopped drinking the tea, and it started to fade away. No itching or burning. Soooooo odd.

Seemingly overnight, a rash of small itchy red bumps appeared on my left ankle and foot. I realized that it was probably due to the ginger ale that had spilled from a can in my pocket and run down my leg. Does that make sense? I don't think I have a ginger allergy, because I love ginger food products, but perhaps direct contact on the skin is different?