I had been suffering from a minor nagging headache for approximately 5 days. I thought it may be time to get my vision assessed for changes. I need to have the test for Glaucoma and was given drops to dialate my eyes. I was told the meds should wear off in three hours. It is now 48 hours later, dialation has minimally changed but the minor nagging headache has turned into something more severe, closer to unmanageable. I have not suffered this type of pain before and that includes a bout with migraines.

I need to know where else to investigate

Rae

im not an expert but i do have a case of early glaucoma (eye grades are pretty high) and so i regularly go to an eye specialist.
they had my pressure checked regularly as well - to monitor. the eye specialist gave me an eye drop which will help maintain the pressure into a minimal level.if you experience serious headaches, your eye pressure might not be good.
go to an opthalmologist/eye specialist at once and have it checked,else, it might be too late.

You may be experiencing episodes of the angles in your eye patially or completely closing off. When this happens it can cause severe pain headache, possible nausea and vomitting. You can have decreased vision, see rainbow halos around lights. Sounds like you definitely need to see an "ophthalmologist" and have him/her check the angle in your eye to rule out narrow angle anatomy. If you do have this and goes undetected permanent visual loss can occur. Hope this helps!