Hello everyone,

I need some reassurance.....

I am a 35 year old woman. I am single mother of a 2 year old, and I am a teacher. I decided to be proactive and go to a colorectal doctor after I had a benign tumor removed from my abdomen last year. My intention was to get a colonoscopy to rule out any other problems. During my consultation,  the doc mentioned I have grade 2 internal hemorrhoids and a large external skin tag. I knew the skin tag was there. It has been giving me hygiene trouble and I have been self conscious about it. It has not caused me pain.  He suggested I have them removed during the colonoscopy/endoscopy. I will be completely out; under general anasthesia. They say that the recovery time is 2 weeks. It is scheduled for 12/21. That means Christmas will not be fun. 

I am embarrassed to tell my boyfriend. I have no family here. Will I be able to take care of my 2 year old? Will I be able to walk my dog? To drive? Sex? Anal sex? 

The doc says I should be ok; depending on my pain tolerance (which I think is pretty high). If I take a lot of fiber, paid meds, baths, lubricants... will that improve my chances. I think I can be strong, but stories on here scare me.   Should I reschedule? 

Please help! 

Thanks

f you are worried about not being ok or able to enjoy Christmas, then reschedule!  I have a high tolerance for pain, but believe me with all the pain meds etc, the throbbing and inability to "be normal" will spoil Christmas.  SEX FORGET ANOUT THAT, that area is swollen and in pain for weeks, at least three weeks, and it is not properly healed for at least six weeks.

The surgeon said :you will be fine" do me a favor ask him if he has had a hemmarroidectomy, probably not! They cannpot tell you the absolute truth, if they don't know.

hi,

Just a quick question - did you go ahead with your surgery, and if yes, what was done to you - just anal skin tag removed OR full hemorrhoidectomy (I had done both - unfortunately not together, doctor fault)

Therefore I would like to know your experience, if possible,
M

I had my anal skin tags removed under anaesthesia yesterday, I have just been to the toilet for a bowel movement for the first time and there was a lot of blood in the pan, is this normal? The pain so far has been okay, my surgeon told me it would take 3 weeks till I'm pain free, he told me this a few times so I was prepared, so far as I say the pain is okay, I just had a look at the wound site with a mirror and to say it looks grisly is an understatement, it doesn't even look like they have all been removed!