Good day everyone. I am body builder and I am in building all my life. I just can't even think that one day I will need to stop with it and I am aware that I will need to quit this sport one day. But we will see when this is going to happen. Yesterday I had some tests and those test showed that my Creatinine Kinase level is too high. I don't pay too much attention on it, but now I am scared that this could affect my future sport life. Can you tell me what to do if my Creatinine Kinase level is too high?

Hello there bodybuilder,

A high Creatinine kinase  or one that goes up from the first to the second or later samples, usually is the main indicator that there has been some recent muscle damage but will not indicate its location or cause. So this can be very seriously if you don’t treat it. Other thing -  Serial test results that peak and then begin to drop indicate that new muscle damage has diminished, while increasing and persistent elevations suggest continued damage. People may have those levels that are significantly to greatly increased, depending upon muscle damage severity. Anyway, you need to contact your doctor and see what is the best solution. 

Hello you two. My brother had the same problem except that he is not any kind of body builder. Actually, he is not playing any kind of sports at all. He is totally out of it. Well, that definitely means that you have some muscle that is damaged and you need to figure out which one it is. But as you already know, you can’t do this by your own – you need to find the expert who is going to help you and who is going to find the cause. After he finds the cause he will determine the treatment for you. That is the only way. Of course that this is not good.

Hello. My creatinine kinase levels are too high as well. When I was reading your posts, I could see that this happens to me as well. In any cases (except if they are normal) they needs to be treated. This is classical endocrine disorder. Endocrine disorders such as hypothyroidism and hypoparathyroidism can also be associated with high CK levels. Causes of CK elevation other than neuromuscular disease include muscle trauma such as falls, intramuscular or subcutaneous injections, EMG studies, electric shock, viral illnesses, hypothermia, cardiac injury, seizures, etc In any of these cases, CK elevations are usually transient and less than 5x normal.