Hello, folks. My friends have a kid that has some problem with hemoglobin. I am not familiar with the details. I would like to know what disorders are related to hemoglobin imbalance in general. I would really appreciate if anyone could reply me to this question. Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Hello. Hemoglobin imbalance is usually a disorder that one is born with it. There are two types of hemoglobin imbalance – hemoglobinopathies and talassemias. Hemoglobinopathy is a genetic disorder where there is an abnormal structure in one of the hemoglobin chains. Talassemia is a genetic disorder that is a result in abnormal, low quantity in one or more hemoglobin chains. Each group has several disorders. Each disorder has its characteristic clinical flow. Sickle cell disease is one of the most known hemoglobinopathies. You can ask a professional for more details. I hope this helps. Bye!