Is kleptomania something that can be treated? I would like to know that since I would not believe that it cannot. I am 23years old and it looks like I have many little things that belong to me, pens especially. And I know those are not mine, but can’t quite remember how I got them. I guess it is related to my obsessive compulsive disorder.

It certainly is, although people that have OC disorder usually don't have kleptomania tendencies, but it happens. And I guess you are already under some treatment for that condition. As for kleptomania, it can also be treated. Methods include cognitive behavioral therapy and even some medications like SSRI group, opioid antagonists and naltrexone that really showed effectiveness in dealing with this problem.

Hallo,
Kleptomania is very disturbing problem where you can get in much trouble if you get arrested for stealing. This irresistible urge to take things that you even have no need for is a mental health disorder. This is related to impulsive control disorder where you can’t resist the urge to perform an act that can harm you or others. Problem with treatment is because many are embarrassed by this and they don’t try to find help in the first place. There are some treatment methods that can help along with medication. Medication is usually used for stabilization on mood or depression. SO you might get help from antidepressants and mood stabilizers. I hope this helped you a bit.