Good day everyone.

I was reading a little bit about this ADHD in kids ever since my friend told me that her kid is struggling with it. I didn't know that this can affect kids as well, but now I find out that there are a lot of cases out there.

Anyway, this topic really interested me and I really want to know more about it. For example, I really want to know what are the most commons signs and symptoms of ADHD in kids?

How to recognize that your kid is having this problem, because ever since she told me, I am observing my kid very well. I have been scared...

Hi there. Yes, I understand that you are worried. A lot of moms, when they find out that some kid has some health issue, they start to worry a lot about their kids as well. That is normal.

Anyway, now let's go back on topic. There are several signs and symptoms that can tell you does your kid has ADHD.

Some of those symptoms are:

- unfinished tasks,

- your kid is not focusing anymore on certain things,

- a lot of mistakes,

- daydreams,

- self - focused behaviour.

If you notice any of those symptoms, you should see the doctor imidiatelly. 

I was not able to recognize my own kid when this started to happen to him. He always was hyperactive kid, he was always focused on everything until one day. He was not focused on anything and whenever I wanted to talk to him he is acting like he doesn't hear me. I was really mad because I believed that he doesn't want to listen to me but after that I notice that he really has some issues. I found out that a child with ADHD may have trouble paying attention, even when someone is speaking directly to them. They will usually say they heard you, but they won’t be able to repeat back to you what you just said. That happened to my kid and then I went to see a doctor. He confirmed me that my kid has ADHD.

Good day. Yes, those are all possible symptoms and it is very easy to notice them in kids. Especially if kids start to make mistakes in ordinary things, well this can be a sign for you that something is not OK with your kid. But you should also know that every single kid in this world are going to express some of these behaviors at some point. That is normal. But anyway, when you notice something different, consult doctor. You should not be also that worried because ADHD is treatable and if in some case your child is diagnosed with ADHD, review all of the treatment options. Doctor will determine what is the best. 

Yes, I see. I didn't know that some of those symptoms can indicate that the kid has problems with ADHD. I mean, sometimes I catch my kid making a mistake in some ordinary things and also I can see that he is not paying attention on me at all. But this happens for a long time now and i never connected it with some issue. But I can tell you that now I am extremely scared because I have heard that a lot of kids lately are dealing with this issue. Anyway, I am glad to hear this about the treatment - that ADHD is treatable. Medications, therapy or something else? Tnx a lot for your answers.

Let me tell you something about ADHD that you probably don't know about.

ADHD is not really a disorder. Children who are suffering from ADHD are not really "suffering" from anything, and these kids tend to be more intelligent and they tend to have better imagination than other kids. This "disorder" usually disappears when one leaves the teenage years, however, in a small number of people, this "disorder" goes on for the rest of their lives and these people are considered to be the "real" hyperactive people.

This is why I don't think that these children should be treated, they should go on living like this.

Hannah wrote what the most common signs of ADHD in kids are and I think that she is right about that. However, after reading post of this person above me, Deni Blue, I did a research about ADHD and I have to say that I think that Deni is right. I think we have all maybe seen ADHD in a bad and a wrong way. Maybe this really isn't anything bad and it is maybe only showing us how our kids are smart and maybe somehow above ordinary. Maybe we should embrace it rather than treating it and poisoning our kids with medications which they do not need.

I don't really know what to say, I found some stuff about the things that Deni and Layla are talking about but I still found some places where people say that kids with ADHD have to be treated in order to avoid some other possible complications. I think that if someone thinks that there is something wrong with their kid, they should just take their kid to talk to a psychologist, he should be in charge of determining whether or not somebody is suffering from ADHD or any other kind of disorder. ADHD is definitely not a big deal so nobody should worry about it too much.

Let's see, I know of some ways to easily notice if your kid is suffering from ADHD. For example, your kid is disorganized (this is easiest to notice when your kid starts to go to school), he lacks focus, he has a hard time paying attention to details and a tendency to make careless mistakes, he has trouble staying on topic while talking, he is not listening to others and he's not following social rules, he is forgetful about daily activities, he fidgets and squirms when seated, he gets up frequently to walk or run around and he talks way too much, excessively.

I had a simple way of dealing with these stuff and I learned my kids how to deal with it when it comes to their kids.

I know the importance of childhood disorders that are left untreated or unnoticed for some time because my friend was raising his kids at the same time when I was raising mine and he had some trouble with them (I never had any trouble with my kids, thank God). So I told my kids that if they ever see something wrong going on with their kids, to just take them to a doctor or to a child's psychologist and that's it.