There is something that occupies my mind for a quite some time. I am not sure what is more important to fast swimming; a fast, strong kick or a strong and fast pull? Which part of my body has greater impact on my speed, upper or lower body, pull or kick? What are your favorite swimming technique?

There are many techniques and things to improve. Both parts of your body are important and mastering good skills can help you become faster. My favorite is streamline. If you can maintain speed you gained from the push off the block for any extra time, your final time for the race might be quicker. The key is improved streamline. If you for instance, slightly adjust your head position and thus achieve better body position you can have decreased drag. That way you will get faster without any extra effort invested into moving forward. Also, a wide kick may increase drag and thus annul any speed gained by adding extra force to it. So narrow kick may prove to be more efficient. There are many other techniques that can be helpful.