I am aware of the fact that I can pedal a bike just well enough to get by, or I can pedal a bike efficiently. By doing so I can get the most out of the available mechanical advantage. I understand that I must use all the available leverage - my bike's crank arms to make the most of the gearing and aerodynamics. What’s your fav pedaling technique?

Analyzing your pedal stroke and identifying the weak spots is necessary if you want get the most out of your cycling. There are three points of your pedal stroke where you can gain energy output. Pushing forward over the top is the first. Second is pulling back at the bottom. And lifting the weight of your leg as it moves back up to the top is the third. Since cycling is not exactly an innate and natural motion developing pedaling power flow is not easy. But it is worth the effort. If you master pedaling technique you will be able to gain speed without any extra work to increase aerobic capacity or strengthening your muscles.