I’m deciding whether to take up swimming or running. I want to keep in shape and I don’t know what the best way to sculpture your body is. I have a few extra pounds which I’d like to get rid of. I’m a late bloomer and can’t exhaust too much so I’d like you to advise me which of these 2 activities will help me improve my looks and health. I've heard that swimming has more advantages.

I don’t know what your overall condition is but I’ll tell you my opinion. Running can sometimes be exhausting and I think that people tend to dislike it very often. I’ve noticed that many people who haven’t been active for a long period of time easily lose motivation when they start running. It’s maybe because they think it’s such a hard work and expect to see the results in a month or two and when they still haven’t flexed their muscles they give up. Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s a bit different with swimming. It’s also a demanding activity, but many people think that it’s fun and maybe that’s the key. The most important thing is to like the activity you’re practicing. Besides, the muscles look better when they’re shaped by swimming. They’re kind of longer and smoother. But all this is only my opinion. Maybe somebody think running is better and more efficient.

I agree with quillan. Both activities are good for your body and health, but swimming is much more fun and it's likely you will stick longer with swimming than with running.

I think swimming is more fun, it depends on what you like more. It also depends where you live and what your options are to go swimming and running. If you will have nice scenery while you run it might provide more interest than swimming in the same pool day after day.

Owning a swimming pool is an investment in both time and money, but is also a fun activity for every member of your family. Children and adults can benefit from having a backyard pool, and it is important to keep the water clean and safe for all swimmers.Pools are really a large part of your delight and they offer a cooling ambience wherein you can refresh yourself and get rid of irksomeness.