My last period was February 20th, I's now April 17th. I took a home pregnancy test a week ago, it came out negative, but I still haven't gotten my period and my belly is starting to get big. I've been on methadone for 2 years, due to a past oxy contin addiction, could the methadone mess with the results of the pregnancy test?

I have the same problem except im heroin not methadone but its pretty much the same. My pregnancy test also came up negative, Im about 2-3 weeks late, and I have been nauseous every day for the last week and a half. I was preg. b4 and I dont remember the morn. sickness being this early but I dunno another explanation. If you have found an answer to this one please let me know ive been looking everywhere.

YES a pregnancy test can show negative if you are on methadone. I've done some research on this because I am also on methadone, and think I am pregnant. I am not late on my period yet, but should be starting in the next 2 days. I just haven't felt right and have experience frequent headaches and nausea so I took a test and it came back negative. When doing my research a lot of sites said that pregnancy can be detected within 60 days in methadone users. You should probably go to your MD and have a blood test done. I am going to wait it out a little longer just in case....

Heroin is not the same as using methadone it is a big BIG difference if you a using heroin and think you may be pregnant u need to get to a medical professional asap. Methadone is a tool for recovery not a replacement. This is the reason people misunderstand/misuse methadone. I am a counselor in a methadone /Suboxone clinic and believe me it saves lives Please get help!!

I know....This girl's like "I'm on heroin and I'm nauseous every day, I must be pregnant! " Dude....your on dope, of course your nauseous every day! Methadone and heroin are VERY different!

Hi all... I have some info to pass on. Better late, than never, but I do see that it has been a while since your last post... Well, Methadone is positively known to cause missed periods. This is one of the side affects. If you took a poll with all the chicks on here that take the 'Done, and asked if they either occasionally, or regularly miss their periods, I'd be willing to bet itd be a seriously high percentage! I myself, included! I have been taking the methadone for exactly 3 months. Guess how many periods I have missed? =3! Not funny, but still. Theres part of your answer. Also, well, nausea is a standard side affect from the use of the 'done too! AND weight gain is also get ANOTHER side affect! So combine those 3 side affects alone, and what do you get? A negative pregnancy test, cuz your probably not preggers, sisters! lol

Can I please ask - did it turn out that you were pregnant? I am sure that I am but tests are negative. I am on methadone also. Thanks

Not everyone who takes Methadone is a drug addict. I have been taking it for the last 2 1/2 years, for extreme back pain as I have broken my back before. I take it as directed by my Dr. usually less then directed and I have not missed a period. I am 2 days before my period and feel very pregnant all symptoms not methadone symptoms as I have none. I have taken many pregnancy tests and all negative just found out that meds can cause this. Advise to all get to a Dr. for a blood test to insure a healthy baby, just because you are an addict does not mean your possible baby is any less valuable. Good luck to you ladies and God Bless you all.

I just wanted everyone to know that as im not sure if methadone can actually cause a pregnancy test to be negative i know that it will take your period away. I have been on methadone a little over a year and the first month i was on it i lost my period. I havent gotten it since. Although i haven't had my period i have been ovulating. Im not sure exactly why this is but i do know the reasoning behind not getting your period has something to do with the fact that methadone dries you out, You will notice that you sweat more. which dries out your body of water and such and can be a reason why your not getting your period. I also have found that people that have lost their periods while on dope have gained them back on methadone. If you had your period on dope methadone takes it away. Im not saying this is the case everytime but it does happen alot. any questons please feel free to ask. I may be able to answer them. I know that you can get pregnant on methadone and while vomiting and other symptoms are a part of the begining stages of methadone they do subside over time. For me however i have to eat something in the morning before taking my methadone or i will feel or actually vomit. So if it doesnt subside try eating something small before hand. It can be a pain in the ass if you are like me and can not eat when you wake up but something in your stomach is better then nothing. That is why some if not most clinics will provide crackers if needed.

I wanted to check to see if this was the case for any other methadone folks, like me-Im 7 yrs on the clinic. Im 41 y.o. and havent had ONE PERIOD since about two months on the methadone.
Had myself checked out, asked the nurses at the clinic, ect ect ect. It absolutely saved my life. Ive been coming down for the past yr, and I just started 17.5 mg dosage last week, today guess who showed up!??? Good old Aunty FLO!!! WHAT THE.....????!!!!! NAyone else attest to this length of time? I thought I went thru "the change" for crying out loud.

just a fyi, I was on herion for 12 yrs priorly & I would go months with no period & most of the female herion addicts I hung with back then barely got those either, so I say it's herion related. But just to be sure, get blood work &/or go to gyn. Good luck!

I'm on methadone and a former heroin addict, my periods were messed up when I did heroin. I might would get one that month or I wouldn't. Sometimes I would go 2 months and then all of a sudden get a period. I've been on Done for 6 months and my periods are always late. And methadone does give you pregnancy symptoms. I mean I was 98lbs the day I started methadone and now I weigh 145. People ask me all the time if I'm pregnant. Also, I'm like addicted to SWEETS. I have to have ice-cream everyday!! And I sweat alot. I know this really isn't a direct answer to the ?, but I just wanted to vent my side effects on Done. Also, methadone makes me really mean! Oh, and I'm not trying to knock anybody but I've never understood why Oxy addicts took methadone. I mean isn't Suboxone the equivilent to Oxy as Methadone is to Heroin? Just asking!

I was on oxy and heroin! I didn't have a period for a year..When I went 2 get clean the drs told me the reason i hadn't had a period was I didn't have any fat tissue in my body 2 produce estrogen.Once I started methadone I've had my periods regularly! But my in June of this yr my period was light and not normal so I thought I was preg! I took 2 preg tests and they said NEG..I waited a few more days took 2 more and they said POS..So I had the methadone clinic give me a preg test and I'm 4 sure pregnant! So I dont kno if the methadone affected the tests or what! I have 2 kids and I kno with them I didn't feel the baby until I was about 5 mon along and I can feel the baby move and can feel it by pressin on my stomach! I jus found out in JUly! Also the past 2 mons I have lightly spotted! I ask the dr they said nuthin 2 worry bout unless its heavy or dark red! I kno I didnt do this with the other 2! I'm thinkin the methadone affected the test! I also started gainin weight when I got on methadone but never got nausea! But one day when I went I did start gettin nausea from methadone! So I'm thinkin I was preg a couple mons b4 I found out! Anybody have any info?

Hey there, I have been on methadone for like... 5 or 6 months now just cause and I have not had a period since early july, have had bloodwork done and many urine tests back in early august n all were neg. So now im still waitin on flow, decided to just stop methadone because I became extremely sick vomiting acid from my stomach, everything recreational is also very harsh like I just vomit it right back up (i dont mind what others think its not as bad as it sounds).... I just do NOT know what to do. Although I do plan on quitting all fyi. Is there a possibility of preg? Any reply is greatly appreciated thanks so much

Hey, I'm soo worried. My boyfriend and I broke up in June I got my period about a week after but it only lasted a couple days. I have been on methadone almost a year and it is now October 4th and I haven't had a period. I took a preg test today and was sooo happy it came out negative but now I'm reading this and now im scared sh*tless again! AHH I wish I just knew! I'm going to start decreasing and they will do a test at the clinic I suppose..I'm just sooo scared!!