I have been taking methadone for a very long time. Anywhere between 100-150mg everyday. I am prescribed this medication for chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis, anklyosing spondylitis, temporo mandibular jaw dysfunction, fybromyaglia, and chron's disease. I am only twenty years old and all of these problems started at 17 where I was immediately put on opiates and later sent to a doctor that specifically specializes in pain treatment. The doctor I go to is very strict on urine screens and demands a urine screen EVERY visit. My problem is I accidentally misplaced some of my methadone and the last time I used it was about 10 days ago, I am hoping that since I have been on such a large dose for such a long time that it will be in my urine anyway. All I know is that I have never failed a pee test at this doctors office and I really think they are going a bit overboard on the amount of urine screens they issue...they never miss a time. This just started recently though and I believe that it may have been because he has SO many patients and has a nurse practitioner do most of his patient visits so they are trying to get rid of some of the people that truly don't belong (people abusing their meds, using other drugs or selling their scripts) to make more room for the true patients. All I can say is that I have taken only 20mg one time 14 days before my next drug screen and it showed up. Any input concerning if or if not the methadone will show up in my drug screen will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

dont take the methadone then it wont be in your system, take your meds as prescribed trust me you dont want to be a junkie. I started out 13 years ago with pain meds, particullary oxy-contin, abused them and always ran out half way through the month, so then i had to turn to the streets. Eventually i started to use heroin because it was cheaper. i started going to a methadone clinic 6 years ago, and i am now 8 days clean, and these past 2 months have been hell, but every day gets better. methadone withdrawls are 10 times worse than any other narcotic, it can take as long as 3 months to compeletly out of your system. you are young, dont ruin your life. :-D

IK your post is 3 years old, but I just gotta say.....if u sincerely are suffering from all if these health issues, which causes so much pain, how in the world could u go 10 days without ur pain medicine???????? I have chronic back pain, and have had it for many years, and there is no way in HELL I would be able to any daily function, let all work! So how does a person MISPLACE their pain medicine, and not be calling the doctor!!! Yah, I know they are strict about replacing medicine that is a narcotic, but u would have to do something to try to compensate for the MISPLACED medicine!!!! One time my medicine fell into the kitchen sink, and since I didn't care what he thought about it being the truth or not, plus the fact that I had the ruined evidence to take with me....it was worth it to try because I could not go the whole month in pain, since this happened only a few days after my visit with him!!! And I had to pay another 150 to see him again!!!! So my point is, if that is the truth, u would think a person would try to get it replaced, because obviously the very reason they are on such strong medicine, is because its chronic, and intolerable!!! So how could u go 10 days with out it???