Hello! My brother’s daughter has eating disorder. Since his wife died three years ago he lives alone with her. I live in another town with my family and I can’t take care of her as much as I want to. I speak with her often and my hearts was broken when I saw her last time. She was so thin. I promise myself to find the way to help her and I am going to take her to the specialist next week. What doctor is specialist for eating disorders?

Hello! The team involved in a treatment of eating disorder consists of several specialists. First of all you have to refer to the girl’s pediatrician who will then engage psychologists, psychiatrist and nutritionists. Psychotherapy is very important in treatment of eating disorders but there are conditions that require medical treatment since many physical complications can result from an eating disorder. Individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy and support groups are important part of the treatment.