Hello! My neighbor has a daughter who has eating disorders. I think she has anorexia. She is already under psychotherapy for two months but we can’t see some improve in her weight. She doesn’t take any medications but she doesn’t look well. Is full recovery possible with eating disorder?

Hello! You have to know that recovery process is not easy and it will take some time. You can’t expect to see her immediately recovered and healthy after two months; it would be good but unfortunately not possible after so short period of time. Full recovery is possible but it is a long process which takes much work and support. Psychotherapy is essential and it will enable her to see her options and make careful and responsible choices in her life. She will regain lost authenticity, peace and power and you can tell her that you are there to support her.