Hello! I have a neighbor who has two children. They are smaller and thinner then other children of their age. My neighbor lives alone with them and I see has difficulties with money. She has problems paying the rent although she spends almost all day at work. I think that her children have problems with malnutrition or some kind of nutritional disorder. What are the symptoms of malnutrition?

Hello! Children who are malnourished may be skinny or bloated. Their skin is pale, thick and dry. Changes in pigmentation and color are common. Hair is also thin and can be easily pulled out. Bones and joist ache are soft and tender and the gums bleed easily. Also they may suffer from diarrhea, disorientation, night blindness, irritability, anxiety, and attention deficits. Malnourished children may be short for their age, thin, listless, and have weakened immune systems. Talk to your neighbor and see if there is the way to help her.