Hello! My sister has a five years old son. The problem is he has problems with bed wetting. When he was smaller we thought this was common thing for a child of his age but I think he is old enough now to wake up and go to the toilet. My mother says this is the most common sleep disorder in children. Is there a disease that causes sleeping disorder in children?

Hello! Sleeping problems in children tend to have different symptoms than the same disorders in adults. The most common are problems with sleeping all night, night terrors and bedwetting. Causes are usually psychological or emotional in nature. Children who suffer from extreme stress or anxiety are more likely to have problems with bedwetting than those who don’t. Also, there are some diseases that can cause sleeping disorder such as diabetes or urinary tract infections. That is why is very important to perform all necessary tests and examinations.