Hi! I feel constant pain on one side of the abdomen for a few days. I went to doctor and he sent me to do ultrasound. I was diagnosed with bladder stones! I was surprised. He prescribed to me only painkillers and told me to drink a lot of water. What is yours experience with bladder stones?

People who have a bladder stones usually suffer of some kind of pain in stomach. It does probably depend of size and position of stone. Last year I had a very hard bladder stone attack and I was suffering a lot. I didn't use any medications to dissolve a stone and after few days it passed. Good luck!

Hi bettye

Although you were surprised to be diagnosed with bladder stones don’t worry too much since your doctor has prescribed you with home treatment. First of all this is very common condition and it happens equally to man and woman. Since your doctor did an ultrasound he has saw the size of your bladder stones and he has concluded that they are not that big that you need procedure so consider yourself lucky.

Increase intake of fluids especially water and lemonade because this will help you to pass the stones faster. You can apply orange juice as well and it is beneficial since it contains high dose of vitamin C. if you feel that your painkillers are not enough see your doctor for stronger ones.