I am suffering from asthma. I was diagnosed several years ago. Before that I used to cycle and enjoy outdoor activities. Last few years have been a living hell for me. I was unable to do any physical activity. I am considering cycling again. My family is against it. What do you think about asthma and cycling?

Well, you have to check with your doctor first. If he says that it is OK then you should proceed with caution. I suggest you cycle outside city and polluted air. This will significantly reduce the chances of asthma attack. Riding in countryside on warm sunny day is something you can do without fear of complications. Also must not push too hard. You must be ready to stop at first sign of any discomfort. Otherwise, breathing fresh, clean pure air can do your lungs good. But, as I mentioned you have to get OK from your doctor first.