My friends have been trying to persuade me to join them in cycling all over the state. Although I put up a lot of fight, eventually I gave in. I am a proud owner of a new bike and all related gear. I am ready for my first bike training. The problem is, that I dont have a faintest idea what to do. I know how to ride a bike, but that is where may knowledge ens. Any suggestions?

Dont worry. Each one of us felt that way at some point in our lives. There is nothing wrong in not knowing everything at once. You have desire to learn. That is the most important thing. First you have to evaluate your present physical form. You have to be honest to yourself. Dont try to be something you are not. Start slowly with short distances and moderate pace. See how it feels. Then gradually you can increase the distance or the intensity. Just do not increase both of them simultaneously. You will be fine. I can feel that a new riding star is born.

There isn't much too learn, if you know how to ride a bike you are ready to ago :) The rest will come with experience. As for your physical preparedness, you know what you are capable of. Just don't push it over the limits, and take it slow ;)

I used to cycle, and like any sport, it just takes a little time and dedication to learn. I spent a lot of time reading about cycling training, bicycles, components, etc...