I am a cyclist who has quite a few years of riding under my shoes. I have been considering lifting weights lately. I hear that lifting weights is pretty demanding and that I will have to stop cycling when lifting weights. Is that true? What should I choose weight lifting or cycling?

First of all you don’t have to choose. You can have both. Lifting weights is pretty demanding indeed, but only if you train to become Mr. Olympia. Even then you can cycle. Many professional as well as recreational bodybuilders cycle. So there is no reason to abandon your cycling. You just have to rearrange your schedule. First you have to choose what your main sport will be. Then you can adjust your schedule to enable enough time for workouts and rest for it as well as for the other sport. Lifting weights and cycling are complementary sports. Lifting weights will help you to develop strength necessary to go faster. Cycling will add aerobic exercise to your weight lifting workouts. There is no reason to exclude either on of them.