Hi, I am a thirty five years old woman. I had headaches for a long time. Few days ago they became unbearable so I went to see a doctor. My blood pressure was very high. He prescribed me some medicine. The thing is I don't like taking medicine. I heard that some kind of outdoor physical activity can help with high blood pressure. I own a bicycle. Can cycling be the thing for me?

Hi, I understand your concern. High blood pressure has become a world wide problem that effects young and old. Any type of exercise can help to bring blood pressure to normal. Cycling has been proven to be one of the best. When you cycle you burn more calories than with any other physical activity. This can help you to lose weight but more importantly you can get rid of the fat that claughs the arteries. As a result your blood flows easily through the blood vessels. Because of this your blood pressure will normalize. However you should not do anything without talking to the doctor first. He can give you the right advice.