I am suffering from constipation that happens from time to time. I have tried several medicaments but their effect last only for a short time, and the problems are back again. Anyway, only during the period I take medication, the stool is fine. This is a problem for me and my friend mentioned me Dulcolax Bowel cleansing kit, what do you think about that?

I can tell you that bowel would be clean and that lessens the intestines volume. But, this is not the way to deal with your condition; bowel movements might be lessened too. You really should consult your doctor and also very important thing is a proper food diet, with a lot of plant fibers that would stimulate the bowel movements.

I totally agree with olympe

Also agree with olympe. Keep in mind that regular use of laxatives can result in dependency issues. Try to incorperate more roughage and fresh fruit into your diet. Avoid pastas, white rice, and other such simple carbohydrates until things return to normal as they can complicate matters. You could also buy some acidophilus & bifodus (probiotics) from your local healthfood store to help normalize your bowel flora.

Dont use laxatives!!!! try and do things as naturally as possible...i spent 2 YEARS of my life abusing Dulcolax. I would on average take between 12-20 a day and when it got really bad sometimes more. I now a year on am still suffering the consequences of my abuse. My bowels do not function properly, I cant poo and i have to watch everything I eat (cant eat bread, tortillas etc ...any heavy carbs) otherwise i can go a week without going to the toilet. I really screwed my body up!!
Try heavy fibre diets, lots and lots of fruit and as bad as they may taste try prunes....just keep it natural, its the best way forward!!

Hi Stabilo. I maybe in same situation. How did you start going natural? Help.