Im trying to decide what running shoes to buy and Im doing a little comparison of various manufacturers and technologies used. I like Asics shoes and I see that theyre using Gel Technology. What is that and what does it do? Can you tell me your experiences with Asics shoes and are they better than Nike or Adidas? Since Im not a pro, Ive been using ordinary sports shoes for running and I didnt have problems.

You should never use universal sports shoes for running not only because of the poor performance but also because you might cause various problems. You can get blisters and severe foot and leg aches. When you run wearing shoes that do not have good cushioning, your feet are under a lot of pressure because there is noting to absorb impact when your feet hit the ground. Thats why various manufacturers introduced technologies that absorb shock. Gel is a silicone based technology invented by Asics. Its a silicone cushioning system that is placed in the insole. There are different areas where Gel cushions are placed, for example, rearfoot or forefoot Cushioning System. Its similar to Nike Air system.