I'm 13, 5'6, 145 lbs and have EXTREMELY flat feet. Does having flat feet automatically mean you're an overpronator? because when I'm running I feel like I'm running on the outside of my feet. If so, I highly doubt there are shoes that are a mix between motion control and stability, because on roadrunnersports there is a tool called shoe dog where you enter info about your feet, miles per week, training pace etc and it tells you what shoes would be good for you and when i put flat feet and underpronator and flat feet it gives me all stability shoes.

dude, I'm on the other end of the spectrum here. extremely high arches...so I always wear cushion shoes.

I am familiar with the "shoe dog" and he's never sniffed me out anything that didn't work.

Check out the Brooks Dyad.. it's a cushioned model for underpronators but also for low-arches.

yeah i guess you're right. I have been questioning the shoes i found on the shoe dog (asics gel foundation IV) for a long time because of knee pain but i guess thats just me. now that i know that it is just me, im pretty happy with them, but i think i will go for mizunos

Glad somebody brought this up. I'm in the midst of shoe quest, myself. I've been running in the NB 915-917 series, but keeping having minor flareups of Plantar Fasciitis. I have fallen (not yet flat) arches, but I walk and run on the outside edge of my feet, as evidenced by the wear patterns on my shoes. This may be due in part to misaligned knees, particulary the right.

Elkid has already recommended her fave shoe to me, the Nike Air Kantara. I'm also looking at the Mizunos. Unfortunately, I can't find either to try locally, despite a half-dozen "athletic" shoe stores in my town. I've been consulting the Shoe Dog, too, and it's indicating stability & cushioning shoes for me, as well...of the Mizunos, the Maverick or Mercury. :shrug:

I'm extremely flat footed and also underpronate as well. This is not very common I don't believe. I have huge bunions(no really, these things have there own zip code 8O ) that actually keep my feet from rolling in. My sports med doc just shakes his head, says he's never seen anything like them. Anyway, 2 years ago at the Chicago marathon expo I went to the Mizuno booth, I had researched and found they had some decent shoes for flat and very wide feet. I was fit for the Legend and will wear nothing but now. It's a good mix of stability and motion control. I just got the Legend 3 from yesterday. It is really nice and very light. You should consider this shoe.