Hello, folks. My friend has been recently diagnosed myositis. As far as I know, the first thing that he has been examined on is enzymes in blood. I would like to know what enzyme levels are high in myositis. I would really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hello. Myositis can be diagnosed upon high levels of certain enzymes. The most examined is creatine phosphokinase test (CPK test). His levels can also be high when other symptoms are not present. Aldolase is another enzyme which is specific for muscles. When muscle damage is present, then levels of aldolase is high. However, if the muscle damage exists over time, the level of aldolase will decrease. Before doing this test, one should not do any kind of exercise for at least 8 hours before the test. You should discuss the details with a neurologist. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!